Monday, November 19, 2012

Spotlight: Small Business... Online Editing - What's that like?

Jennifer Rotner, Owner, Elite Editing
This week, I got to interview a fantastic small business owner, Jennifer Rotner.  She started award-winning online editing firm Elite Editing several years ago as an extension of a career in editing and PR.  Elite Editing markets its services to students, companies and writers.

Jenny was very candid about the trials of running a business as opposed to working at a firm, and the type of person who can thrive as a business owner versus as an employee.  Read on to learn about how growing up with an entrepreneurial mindset and looking out for inspiration at different moments in life can culminate in a successful career if you're thoughtful and savvy about building your business.
  
ES: Hi Jenny!  To start out, can you fill us in on your business, title, etc. – basic information?

JR: I am the owner of Elite Editing.  We are a writing, editing, and proofreading firm.  We’re a full-service editorial firm.  Basically, we work with businesses who are looking to outsource their editorial needs – companies who don’t have an editorial team on staff; writers who are publishing or who are looking to publish; and students who are looking to have their papers polished before they turn it in. 

Those are our three audiences, and the main things that we do.  For companies, we’re an outsourced service, and for everyone else, we’re an on-demand editorial team.

ES: How did you come up with this idea?

JR: I came up with it at two different points in my life.  I think I’ve always been interested in starting a business.  Being an entrepreneur has always been something that’s pretty much ingrained in me, being in my family.  I’m from a pretty entrepreneurial family.  My sister and I used to write contracts with each other when we would do something as small as trading jeans, so we started early. 

When I was in college, I worked at the writing center as an ESL tutor – English as a Second Language tutor – at the University of Michigan.  I worked at the writing center for two years.  I loved working with the students, particularly the ESL students, who were so thankful and so grateful for our service. 

I found that with the ESL students, they would start hitting a wall due to the language barrier but they were so smart and they were so willing to learn and so caring about their grades. 

So I saw a business niche there.  Here’s this group that certainly had the motivation and really cared to improve themselves, but they’re looking for this service and for a lot of people it doesn’t exist or they don’t really know how to get to it.  And they would appreciate or look for editorial help. 

I was 21 or 22 at the time and I bought my first URL.  And it wasn’t “EliteEditing.”  I’ve bought about 30 domain names over time.  It was going to be completely student-minded and completely about serving a student base. 

Luckily, I was smart enough not to start a business at 22, which I always discourage people from doing, because when you’re 22, you just don’t know anything.  Unless you luck into figuring something out really young, I think you do need business experience.  So I got a couple of really cool jobs, which led to my last big job, which was with the marketing agency for New York City called NYC & Company.  It was under Bloomberg but it was a hybrid organization. 

I started there as an editor.  I basically was one of two people who started the editorial department there.  I was very lucky to get in on the ground floor of a very cool company at a very cool time. 

I ended up running the copy department, which is essentially what the other arm of my business is.  It’s an outsourced editorial firm. 

So it ended up being a very big editorial staff and it was always rolling and whenever we’d have big projects come in and it would be overwhelming, I would think to myself, “wouldn’t it be great if I could just call one person and they could just give me people on demand, as opposed to me having to call all my freelancers?”

Freelancers are tricky.  They’ve got their own lives, and they’re not yours.  There are a million schedules and they’re people – they’ve got a lot of things going on.  Sometimes we would need them to work until midnight, and they weren’t our employees, so it was tough. 

I learned immediately that there was that kind of need.  Hiring full-time proofreaders and editors and writers doesn’t really make sense for a lot of businesses because often they just need these kinds of employees on a project basis.  And I saw us as someone who could fulfill that need.  Sometimes we come in a few times a year.  For some companies we do it rolling.

So those are the two different arms of Elite Editing, and I found them at different points in my life.  But it was at NYC & Company that I decided I wanted to do this for various reasons, and I quit of course in the middle of the recession.

ES: But it seems like it’s working out okay.

JR: It is working out okay.

ES: And like you said, with the student population you’re targeting, especially international students – they’re still here, often paying full tuition, and they’re not as affected.  It’s nice that this seems somewhat recession-proof.

JR: Definitely.  There are some businesses that are kind of recession-proof.  This time of year, especially October/November, a big business for us is admissions essay editing.  There is a certain level of clientele that is always going to use that. 

The parents want to get their kids into college and they want to make sure their kids are on track with their essays.  They might put a little bit of money into that essay but in the end, getting into the right school is the most important thing.  So there are certain things, not to say they’re recession-proof, but you can survive through a recession.

ES: They’re less sensitive.

JR: And students – you hit the nail on the head.  It’s an ongoing business.  Same with theses and dissertations.  Theses and dissertations are another arm of our business.  You know, people are publishing the biggest document they’ll ever touch in their lives.  It’s indicative of their entire academic career.  They need it to be right and they’re willing to put money towards it.

It’s usually pieces that are going to implicate something for their future – that’s usually where you see students put their money.

ES: So to be clear, you do not write term papers for people or anything in that arena – you’re just editing other people’s work.

JR: Definitely.  There are plenty of other people out there that do it.  We absolutely do not write any academic material.  We only edit.  We do a ton of copywriting for businesses.  But we have requests for that [by students] and we are very clear with people: the content for students is their own. 

We also do not check for plagiarism.  We get asked that a lot.  We do not take responsibility for students’ work.  It’s their own.  We’re there to help them. 

In most cases, especially with dissertations, students are usually encouraged by their teachers or chairs to seek us out.   A lot of times, we’re recommended by specific teachers or chairs.  It’s not necessarily that it’s sanctioned by a university, but it’s known that this is what the students should be doing.  We don’t take any control over content at all.

ES: Does that get tricky with dissertations when the level of discourse in the writing might be above the level of a basic layperson’s understanding?  You’re proofreading for grammatical errors, but is it difficult when the subject content may be over the editor’s head?

JR: Good question.  First of all, we do offer two levels of editing – basic and advanced, which is more copy editing. 

But the reason I’m saying “we” is that you should know, I do none of the editing anymore.  I do project management and running of the business.  I have a staff of over 15 editors and writers.  So in that staff is a team of academic editors, a team of business editors, and a team of manuscript editors. 

One of the things I really take care in is matching the right editor to the right client.  I’m never going to give a technical dissertation that needs to be done in APA style to a manuscript editor – it doesn’t happen.  It’s going to go to one of our academic editors.  It’s going to go to someone who can technically handle the material as well as knowing editing. 

A lot of people in my business hire grad students or people straight out of college.  I absolutely won’t do that.  I usually hire people who have 10+ or closer to 20 years of experience, who are in the later part of their career.  It’s not just that they’re good writers.  I hire editors first, and in doing so I have a very rigorous editing test.

I don’t pretend in any way to be able to handle all the material that comes in, and that’s why I hire people who are better than me.  What I did learn in my experience of being a copy chief was how to hire the right editors and writers and how to train them, how to test them, and make sure that I was putting the right people in place for the job.  That’s the most important thing about this position – facilitating the work.

Jennifer with her Internet Advertising Competition awards

ES: In talking with so many people, it’s become apparent that being a manager is a totally different skill than being good at your craft, whatever that may be.

JR: I’m also a control freak, so it’s been so hard to let go of the reins and learn how to be a delegator. 

The hardest position that I’ve had to hire for is another project manager.  It became too much for me and I had to hire another person to do the same thing that I do.  I should have done it a year before I actually did it.  But when you’re creative and you’ve worked in a creative space, you’re not necessarily the best business person.  And that’s what I’m constantly working on – thinking like a business person and not like an editor. 

I also think that people who try to start a business because they’re a really good businessperson but they don’t necessarily know what they’re doing…  It’s like, you shouldn’t start a restaurant if you don’t know how to cook. 

I can’t imagine – if I couldn’t jump in in an emergency; if I couldn’t communicate the jobs and how they needed to work with my clients; if I couldn’t understand the natural progression of the editorial process and the production calendar; I could not imagine doing this job.  I think it’s so important to be a good businessperson, but also to understand the business you’re running.

ES: I think the people who are mismatched – they excel at their craft but they’re not good managers, or alternatively they’re good managers but they’re not good at their craft – don’t get as far, and it’s a rare person who has both.  You also have to have the security to hire people who are better than you in order to build a strong team.  It’s a challenge for most people.

JR: That’s so true, and that’s why I feel it’s so important to hire editors who would beat me.  I need to feel confident that I’m hiring people who will kill it.  I don’t worry about where I am compared to where they are – I need to get the best of what’s out there. 

Really because of the recession, the amount of freelance talent that’s out there is amazing.  I have access to talent I should never have had access to.  Finding a good editor is like finding a diamond in the rough, and since 2008, I can toss something out there and get an enormous response, and I still get at least three resumes a day.  And they’re all good.

It’s bad for the world, but it’s good for me.  And I’m doing the best I can to keep them working.

ES: Has your work segued more from the academic work you started out focusing on into more of the other arms of your business?

JR: It’s still actually very student-centric.  I still do a lot of work for students, especially this time of year.  That being said, I see the work changing more towards online content and social media.  We do a lot of online social media and creating websites for businesses.  We do a lot of writing blog posts and that sort of stuff.  I’ve had to hire more writers in the past few months and I’m really ramping up that side of things.

I’ve started creating packages on the website where instead of people calling and needing quotes for everything, I try to make it so that people can just purchase.  That’s how it is for editing services, based on word count, so people don’t need me to get a quote.  I try to make as much as automatic for people as possible. 

I want people to come on and feel like they can just buy as easily as possible, and I’m trying to do that more with writing as well – so that small businesses can just come on and purchase a certain amount of writing, whether it’s press releases or blog posts or tweets.  That’s something we’re in the process of doing right now and I’m looking forward to seeing how it works.

ES: So when you were getting started, versus now, how did you decide to do what for marketing?

JR: I knew that I really wanted to focus on growing traffic to the website.  I’m constantly at odds with myself because there are two ways to really grow the business, and that’s through networking and referrals.   I do have certain businesses where we are their editors of record.  We have contracted with them and we do all of their editorial work.  And obviously, having anyone on retainer is good. 

But I’m constantly at odds with trying to grow more of that side of the business, which requires more of me – more networking, more project management, more taking care of the client – and then more of my hands-off work which is people submitting through the website. 

The website acts as an e-commerce portal and people can just find us on google, and they can submit, and the work happens basically without me.  And I have to tell you, it’s the latter that really excites me. 

There’s nothing I like more than waking up in the morning and seeing that I made sales while I was sleeping, because that’s the goal. 

Because my goal is to have a solid website that’s constantly generating new business for itself, I work on website traffic, I do a lot of advertising with Google AdWords, and I work a lot on my SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to have the website produce as much as possible.

ES: How do you do your SEO – is that something you outsource?

JR: That’s actually something that I actually do for other people.  I hired people at the beginning so I could learn from them, but now people hire me to do it. 

ES: I know you’ve won awards for your website and your work.  Is that something that you pursued or did it kind of just fall into your lap?

JR: It’s something that was brought to my attention, [which I then] pursued.  From an SEO perspective, to be honest, it’s a great way to get your name out there.  And also, it did exactly what you just said – even with my friends and family… it’s amazing how it changes people’s perception.  Being able to add it to the bottom of my pitch, “Oh, in case you didn’t see, last week we won this big award,” it really helps with our credentials and helps give credibility. 

[The Stevie Award] was a really big international award and was really flattering.  I absolutely recommend to other business owners to pursue awards.  It brought a huge increase in our credibility overnight.  It’s very time consuming and it costs something, but for me it gave me a jump start.  Some people go after it year after year, but I don’t have the manpower to do that.

ES: Can you elaborate on what you mean by saying, “it costs something?”

JR: Awards are [generally] for profit, and you have to pay to enter as well as pay for press releases etc.  But the money was 100% worth it.  I don’t blink an eye at it.  It was nominal. 

If I had the manpower, I would absolutely go for it every year, but it’s very consuming.  The Stevies are also just a really good organization.  I’ve met amazing people in the room with them.  They asked me the year after I won if I wanted to judge, and then the next year they asked me to chair a committee of judges.  They’ve also had me speak at certain events. 

They’re very supportive of their winners and their people.  I continue to support them.  If I were to go for an award again, I’d go through them because they have a lot to offer. 

There are other organizations where I feel like I won something, and I got a plaque.  The Stevies are a really mutually beneficial relationship and it continues to grow.  I look forward to doing more with them. 

Jennifer attends the Stevie Awards

ES: I think it’s fabulous that you won and that the organization has been so worthwhile.  Are there tons of categories that they give out?

JR: Yeah.  The one I won was at the Stevie Awards for Women in Business.  It’s for international women in business.  They also do the International Business Awards and it’s not just for women.  They also do Customer Service Awards.  The International Business Awards ceremonies are held in crazy places – this year it was in Seoul.

But the Women’s one is always in New York.  It’s really nice, because it’s such a supportive group.  Every time I go there, it seems like people give speeches where everybody cries.  It’s a really good room.  And it’s a really nice ceremony.  I brought my parents, and they got to share in this major success with me.  I won for best website.

ES: It must be so rewarding, to see your work acknowledged, and you hadn’t even been around for that long yet, right?

JR: I had been around for less than a year at the time.  It was overwhelmingly exciting.  But you know, it was exciting to win an award, but now I want to win a new contract.  I constantly feel like I’m pushing uphill.  I don’t feel like I’ve gotten to that downhill part yet.  I still feel like there’s so much to do.

ES: I don’t know that you necessarily want to feel like you get to that downhill part – maybe then it wouldn’t be exciting anymore.  You don’t want to feel like it’s a daily grind and you’re wearing yourself out, but you want to be presented with new challenges all the time.

JR: And one of the things with running your own business – I talk about this with other small business owners – is that I’ll wake up in the morning, and I’ll have an idea.  Totally like, light bulb over the head kind of moment – and I’ll say, “I want to try this.”  Maybe it’s a new marketing campaign, or a new service I want to offer.  And I can put together a meeting with my designer and developer and writer, and by the end of that week, it’s in play. 

I love that feeling of, you don’t have to write up a proposal and pass it by eighteen people, and go through 10,000 changes.  I have an idea, and I do it.  If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work.  If it does work, cool!  It’s your world.  It’s your successes and your failures, and when something goes well, there’s nothing like it in the world.

I was never the kind of person who needed the satisfaction of my boss.  There’s no better feeling in the world than when I create my own success.  I think you have to be that kind of person in order to be small business owner, in order to stay sane.  Because otherwise, you’ll just go crazy.  No one’s ever going to tell you you’re doing a good job. 

ES: I think that’s a really good point.  Do you feel from inside that you’re accomplishing something, or do you seek approval from others? 

JR: If you’re the type of person who always needs positive feedback, don’t run your own business.  No one’s ever going to tell you at the end of the day, “You did a good job today.”  There are so many days that are just day after day after day.  And if you can’t just look at yourself and say, “this went awesome.”  Or, “we’re moving along,” it’s not going to work.

ES: Or to shift direction and give yourself a pep talk when things aren’t going well.

JR: Absolutely.  You have to have a certain amount of resilience that you don’t need in an office.  You need to be able to rebound and to constantly rebuild. 

ES: That’s really hard, and it’s probably the hardest thing.  It’s not reliable and safe like going into an office every day.

JR: I forgot what a paycheck looks like.

ES: Some people start doing it and realize it wasn’t for them, especially working alone. 

JR: I feel like small business owners in the tech world often say, “I do this because I want autonomy.  I want this all to be for me.  I don’t want a boss.  I want to control my own hours.”  What that ends up meaning is that you end up working all of the time, never taking a minute for yourself, basically talking to your plants. 

[My friend and I] both had that moment where we realized we weren’t fulfilling all of our goals and our dreams for ourselves, so last March we went to California together.  We tried to see if we could get more people who wanted to do it, but we ended up going with one more person and the two of us, and we rented a house in San Diego and we worked from there. 

It was completely a work trip; it was not a vacation.  We just figured, it’s cold on the East Coast and it’s warm on the West Coast, and we can work from anywhere, so why not be someplace beautiful? 

ES: That’s such a smart idea, to work with someone else for social stimulation and to keep you on task.  Are there any character traits that you kind of discovered through working on your own, maybe things you were good at or not good at?

JR: Definitely.  One thing I always knew I was good at was being able to work alone.  You spend a lot of time by yourself.  I spend a lot of time not in a big office environment with a lot of social interaction.  On the other side, I work hard not to overdo it. 

I work hard not to bring my laptop to bed at night.  That’s my goal.  I brush my teeth in the morning before I check my email.  Sometimes I’ll start emailing and working and it will get to be eleven o’clock and I haven’t brushed my teeth yet, and I’m like, “this is gross.”

I am words, not numbers.  That is my strength.  That is why I have a really great accountant and a great bookkeeper.  I am not part of every facet of this business.  I try and hire people who are better than me.  Those are definitely things I have learned, and I am fine with.  I did not get into this to talk Quickbooks. 

ES: You must have so many transactions with internet sales…

JR: When people pay through Google Checkout and Paypal, that all gets entered automatically.  The bigger thing is my clients who we do work for offline. 

ES: Has it been hard to figure out what to charge?  Did you just research your competition?

JR: Well, I knew what people were charging in the real world, and I had hired freelancers and editors as a copy chief, so I based the rates more off of that than off of my competitors. 

I knew what a good hourly rate was for hiring an editor, and I thought about how many pages per hour an editor should do on average, and I used that.  But instead of giving people quotes, I wanted it to be as general as possible so that people could come on and pay on the site without any human interaction, not because I don’t want it to be personal, but because this way, when students want to submit their papers at 2am, they can.  They don’t have to wait until the next day.

ES: Well, it’s been so inspirational hearing about your business.  I’m thrilled that it sounds like it’s going so well, and I wish you all the best.    

JR: It’s very fulfilling to me, and I want to keep doing it as long as possible.  It seems to be making it.  Here’s hoping.


12 comments:

  1. What an awesome sounding company. I have been looking to start my own business eventually, only I feel I have a lot more to learn before I get there. Hence why I have been looking for NJ jobs to get my career up and running. Thanks so much for this great interview, it was very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.
    Copy Editing Services

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think, Spotlight: Small Business provides quality proofreading service . I must come for services.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a exact place for online editing! If we need some high quality writers or agency then we can visit-
    paper editing service

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the valuable information with us. Really liked reading the post.
    APA Editing Service

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post to read, and having nice ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quinceanera Dresses What a fine article which is meaningful and helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting and important information. It is really beneficial for us. Thanks
    Herbal Incense

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing! This article is very informative and helpful. I hope other articles will be as good as this article.


    Tax Specialist

    ReplyDelete